UiPath Review

There's a 100% reduction in human errors. The bot doesn't make any errors

Video

What is our primary use case?

I work in finance functions, so typically implementing it within our finance accounting hub that we have out in Manila when most of our processes are stabilized and globalized experts. So, it's a very good fit to have our processes automated out in Manila.

How has it helped my organization?

We are in the early stages of implementing our robots, but at this stage, you already see things like our customer satisfaction, so we're supporting your finest teams, so they are already getting benefiting it, and very much tedious tasks that sitting with the team, they're actually find they don't need to do the tedious tasks.

Funny enough, that out in the Philippines, they are actually welcoming robotics because it creates capacity for them in order to bring more work into our accounting hub, so that would be where I can see a real benefit in our organization already.

I think we very much focus on traditional development opportunities, so API to API connectivity and those type of things are very much the way that we're doing things. We have development teams out around the world that develop, and I specifically work with financial functions and develop our finance systems, typically more of a traditional development focus rather than using robotics opportunities, but we are starting to see robotics becoming a bit more prominent. People are more interested in it, and people are starting to engage a bit more with the robotic side of things. I think the benefit of using robots is actually becoming a bit more visible within the organization.

We are making use of attended bots. Unattended bots are of course a huge benefit. I can see the future if I use the 80/20 rule; I can see probably 80% of our bots will be unattended when we will implement 20% into attended bots for our organization at the moment. I don't know how that will look like if we say everybody in organization using bots, then of course attended bots will become very prominent, but where we are right now, I can see unattended bots will become very attractive for us right now, so probably seeing the bigger opportunities at the moment, and those big opportunities, unattended bots will be well suited for.

It is difficult to get your head around attended and unattended bots, but once you get to understand the differences, I think yeah. I can see benefits and pros and cons on both sides, but typically where we are now, we use attended bots. I can see us moving with our big opportunities into unattended bots, and where the future takes, I don't know. I'll let you know then.

What is most valuable?

I think it's the ease of use for the developer, so we can actually make use of people within subject matter experts rather than having fully fledged developers, so that's one of the main features. And, I think, based on that, it is actually the speed in which we can deliver some of these automations, so the delivery and the build of the box is actually much quicker than your conventional development, so those will be my two top points at this stage.

We've created a bot within our collections team. We are doing a reconciliation, and since implementing the bot, which was at the beginning of this year, we hadn't needed any changes onto the bot.

Scalability very much so, so exactly that reconciliation bot we were able to apply to different reconciliations within our collections team, and they fall. Yes, it's very much scalable as well, so we are running four different bots at this stage for our collections reconciliation process.

I think we will probably make use of the community more, so asking questions within the community forum. I've not really had to engage with technical support directly apart from our sales person that we could ask questions from, etc., but generally, the technical questions are more posted onto the discussion forum and answers being given and taken from there.

Our proof of concept was done using PwC, and they've helped us build our proof of concept. The reason for that is they've delivered a piece of work where we wanted to see whether this has already been delivering a piece of work where this really fell into, so we engage with them often to help us deliver a proof of concept, and that was very successful, and of course that helped us roll up more into the business and taking a little bit more on internally rather than continuous support from PwC.

Coming from a person that doesn't' know much of robotics or anything of that, as it's a new technology. I think it was quite difficult to get your head around that first. Setting it up, installing the software's very easy on occasion, but getting a grasp and understanding of the difference between the studio and the difference between the robots in that regard was quite difficult to get your head around not only for us who's been setting up the center of excellence but also for explaining to the business the different components and then just understanding what the different components does, and I think it's maybe more around terminology. We're building a bot that's running on a bot, but the building of the bot is in studio.

It's a very easy concept, but it makes it difficult for the business to understand what you're talking about and what we're working in and what actually runs the bot and those type of things.

We are starting to see a return on investment. I won't be able to answer that right now, probably only be able to answer once I start analyzing it, but we are starting to see a return on investment. I think it will probably take a good few months before I can analyze how well we're doing. I think fairly soon we see a return on investment.

Does it fit in with the business, what they expect? I don't know. That's a given that the solution absolutely does, so if I come back to our original example of the reconciliation bot within our collections area. I think there's almost 100% human errors reduced. The bot doesn't make any errors, so we've seen it running smoothly for the last since the beginning of the year, so last nine, 10, 11 months.

What other advice do I have?

Citrix environments are quite difficult. It takes more time to develop the bot itself. Accuracy's maybe a bit of an issue there, so from a Citrix type of environment, I'd probably try to avoid it from my side, but it's just because I don't like to work with the images. I'd rather work directly within hotkeys or whatever.

I think I would rate the product probably at about an eight, which is coming down to the usability. It's really easy to use. It is easy to implement and roll out getting people involved. I think there is drawbacks in terms of the understanding of where the process is, so it's maybe on our side, understanding the process and which processes are suitable for the bot and what the bot will be able to do then with those. I think taking a subject matter expert and giving them the expertise to build bots limits your ability to understand the full capacity of the product. I think there's a lot of things changing within the product very quickly and to keep up with all of the enhancements that you're making makes it a little bit difficult, but over all, it is very good, and if you apply correctly to your processes, you will definitely seen an improvement in your process and return on your investment.

More UiPath reviews from users
...who compared it with Automation Anywhere (AA)
Start Your UiPath Free Trial

Learn what your peers think about UiPath. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.