UiPath Review

Allows you to concatenate all the different pieces/actions/sources you need

What is our primary use case?

Organizational internal processes automation — especially in areas of operation and admin (back-office).

How has it helped my organization?

I believe that UiPath opened topics of RPA and AI/ML in our company (which consequently led to a shift and much stronger orientation of our company — globally — towards technologies and technological areas like software development, the blockchain, IoT, etc.). I believe that this role ("enabler" role) was crucial and also helped tremendously in raising overall 'digital'/'ICT' and 'programming/integration concepts' awareness company-wide. You might agree that the impact of this scale might be much higher and more important than any time and costs saved by actual automation.

What is most valuable?

UiPath Studio as a whole (the very 'core' component of the entire platform) allows you to concatenate all the different pieces/actions/sources you need — and doesn't matter which one that is (API, web, database, legacy system, OS application, email, or anything else like Excel, data transformation or even OCR).

Also, I'd like to highlight Academy (and e-learns) — it's very good and provides you with everything necessary you need to know.

What needs improvement?

2018.3 and 2018.4 releases made a huge leap in terms of functionality — we're not missing anything currently.

Good.

Very good (up to 10k robots — definitely OK).

Very good.

The entire Orchestrator setup is a bit tricky (a lot of different components — Kibana, Elasticsearch, URL Rewrite, PowerShell scripts), but we had guidance and description on the web which is also very good.

In-house.

One year.

Strategic partnership might bring you a significant discount (it also depends on the size of your company and future potential of the vendor — your business cases).

Yes (Kofax, Blue Prism).