UiPath Review

What is our primary use case?

A user receives data from an Excel file and then enters the data in the internal website/tool to calculate the price. So we automize this process using UiPath.

How has it helped my organization?

First, it reduces the typo mistakes; we are certainly sure that the data entered into the system are correct. Secondly, it saves a lot of time. Users don't need to type in data anymore and spend their time analyzing the process. Thirdly, our colleagues don't need to do much of the "monkey work" — typing. They just spend time controlling the results of the bots.

What is most valuable?

The training platform of UiPath is very good. It helps the business user without prior experience in programming to automize the process by themselves. This is a good approach because they are the ones with a great overview of the process and know how to control the quality of the results as well as foresee what the potential issues could be.

Also, it can work on everything. UiPath is like a VBA for Excel but can work on all applications (MS Office, SAP, web browser, etc.). So the potential for automation is nearly limitless.

What needs improvement?

• Compatibility with old systems and Java Script-based websites could be improved: During my project, I sometimes encounter issues when Uipath runs too fast while our old internal website (which was written in Java Script, I believe) is running slowly and we need to handle this type of error. Besides, some function of Uipath "Select item from list" does not work with our website (not compatible).
  • More practical projects to be included in the training of UiPath Academy would help the business users to get used to executing the real projects (e.g. technical issues: why do we have to write the script this way, what errors usually occurred? and also project management - setting up timeline for the project, etc.)

Less than one year.
More UiPath reviews from users
...who compared it with Automation Anywhere (AA)
Start Your UiPath Free Trial

Learn what your peers think about UiPath. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,548 professionals have used our research since 2012.