UiPath Review

It doesn't limit your skills in a programming language

What is our primary use case?

Development of any RPA solution using UiPath is very efficient and flexible. But at the same time, the testing is very difficult. The debugging feature of UiPath is quite difficult to understand, and there is no option that we could go and start from any step, rather, it needs to start from the very first step of the process which would be again a time-consuming factor.

How has it helped my organization?

The processes we automated are not only under the financial domain but also non-financial domain too. It proves that RPA is capable of implementing in almost every client. It really helps human to do better jobs rather than doing the same duties daily. It makes life easier. The dashboard that shows in UiPath Orchestrator would really help businesses to calculate their return of investments and all. Again, it would show a brief idea of the number of robots utilized.

What is most valuable?

I recommend UiPath to others. It doesn't limit your skills in a programming language. Instead, it has a more extensive feature on it. Hence we can utilize those to inject our code, and it is versatile to any programming language even though the technology that UiPath uses is built under .NET.

What needs improvement?

UiPath overall is a better RPA tool. But when it comes to the testing and debugging part, it's quite difficult.

Most of the time, the RPA code solved through UiPath is stable. But sometimes UiPath would hang/stick itself.

It can be used to automate large complex solutions.

Excellent customer service/technical support with quick response to our query.

Yes, I was into Blue Prism. I switched to UiPath since the client wants to implement the solution using UiPath.

Initial setup is not difficult. Once we get the license key, the same needs to be provided during the installation.

I didn't implement through the vendor team.

I don't know how to calculate the ROI. But the dashboard within Orchestrator would provide a measure to show the total number of robots and processes.

Compared to other competitive market RPA tools, UiPath costs less, and they have a Community Edition as well.

Yes, at a high level and got impressed with the additional features in UiPath.

What other advice do I have?

UiPath itself providing some activities to write coding and all. I suggest when we do an RPA solution, making use of such kind of activities which would increase the stability of the code.

2018.2.0
More UiPath reviews from users
...who compared it with Automation Anywhere (AA)
Start Your UiPath Free Trial

Learn what your peers think about UiPath. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.