UiPath Review

Our company saw ROI with the implementation of our first robot

What is our primary use case?

We are looking at processes and automatization and are at the very beginning of our journey. We have been looking at finalizing the job and making the use cases in insurance assistance.

How has it helped my organization?

When we finish a job, we remove articles from it which are not being used. That was a manual process, and the guy who was doing it wasn't really adding any value to the company. Now, they only have to look for the exceptions, and everything else is automated.

What is most valuable?

• The automatization part
  • The OCR technology: Having it automated and putting it into other systems.

What needs improvement?

I would like UiPath to be more intuitive, so people like me could use it.

Usability is its room for improvement.

Until the solution is more stable, the robots need to be Unattended.

The system is quite stable. However, we need more experience in coding it to make it even more stable.

The scalability is huge.

We have one guy doing the troubleshooting who likes to try different alternatives for locating answers, like YouTube or calling support.

The technical support has been very helpful. Whenever our guy has a problem, he first goes to the phone for a resolution. This is really the reason for choosing UiPath, because everybody else was so closed off, and it was hard to obtain knowledge.

We did not have a previous solution. This type of solution is quite new for us.

We decided to purchase this type of solution to reduce our backlog with insurers.

If you have the right person, the setup can be straightforward.

We had some issues in the beginning because some of our applications cannot run on Citrix. Having the robot run alongside it and going into the computer, then into Windows was difficult, at first. It has been working now that some of stability issues have been fixed. When it is not stable, things take too long.

We started with a consultant. We had some specific tasks that we wanted him to make the robots do. However, when we got started, we changed the approach to do it ourselves with him teaching us. We started with four people doing the training, then ended up with one person being capable.

We saw ROI in the first month that the first robot was implemented. Because we had people leaving when the robot was ready to start, it was ready to do their jobs right away. I would rate the ROI benefits as a nine out of ten.

It has helped us to eliminate human errors.

It has saved a lot of time for our organization.

We looked at three different vendors, but chose UiPath because of its easy access to knowledge and information.

What other advice do I have?

Dive in, start working with it, and get experience along the way. Just working with it, you will get a lot of great ideas.

Our automation technology is at its beginning stages. There is huge potential for us with it. We need to start looking at our HR processes.

We have someone on our team who has just start to use the RPA training in the UiPath Academy.

More UiPath reviews from users
...who compared it with Automation Anywhere (AA)
Start Your UiPath Free Trial

Learn what your peers think about UiPath. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,244 professionals have used our research since 2012.