UiPath Review

Any layman can learn how to program in it

What is our primary use case?

We are a pharmaceutical company, producing insulin, primarily for diabetes. We work with other diseases, as well, but our focus is primarily diabetes.

We have automated many processes, at least 20 RPAs across the company.

What is most valuable?

Automation can be done in many ways, but UiPath is a more simple approach. There, any layman can learn how to program in UiPath, which is its main benefit.

What needs improvement?

We need them to improve the scalability, as we are still building up.

We have had stability challenges. However, I don't know whether it is product-related programming-related, or if it is our core systems which are failing. So, we have instabilities, and whether or not it is UiPath, that I don't know.

We still need the power of the scalability. We have a few robots, but we are a big company with 45,000 employees. 20 robots will not change the world.

The product is not big enough yet to eliminate human errors.

The initial setup is complex. Technically, we are still implementing the product, as we are doing it in phases.

There's a difference when you start up, you just need to make something work to prove the concept. Proving the concept, that is easy. You hire in some consultants, build the robot, and it works. Building the organizational scalability is more complex: How to combine process knowledge, programming knowledge, and maintenance knowledge, since these are three different types of skills which are needed. It's not straightforward to do in a global company.

If you are a local company with one site, it's one type of challenge. If you have multiple sites across the globe (more than 200 sites), it's another type of challenge. Thus, we haven't nailed it yet. Right now, at this intermediate stage, there are more stages ahead of us.

We would like to see improvement on the ROI, as we need to free up resources. Too many man-hours are being spent on trivial tasks which could be automated.

What other advice do I have?

RPA appears to be working, as a technology, but it is still too immature to say that it is beneficial as many people portray it to be. It is still in the making, but it is not there yet. Right now, we don't have a solid business case on RPA, as a technology. Maybe, in the future, but it has given us a lot of challenges so far.

More UiPath reviews from users
...who compared it with Automation Anywhere (AA)
Start Your UiPath Free Trial

Learn what your peers think about UiPath. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,548 professionals have used our research since 2012.