UiPath Review

It is great for automation and reducing the time needed for a work assignment

What is our primary use case?

We are working on trying to optimize some of the current processes which have been selected for review. I have been talking with our business partner to try and find the best way or tool to optimize these processes.

How has it helped my organization?

I have only been with the company a month, so I am only aware of a couple of scenarios/cases where it has already been implemented, such as:

• Transferring data from one system.
  • Looking data up on the internet from a browser.
  • Performing logins and copying data tables, then putting them into Excel. Afterwards, manipulating and putting them into the right system.

These are our best cases, so far.

What is most valuable?

It is great for automation. It can reduce the time needed for the entire work assignment, freeing up time for something more exciting.

What needs improvement?

There is a very steep learning curve for business users.

From everything that I have seen, we still have stuff that we need to figure out on the inside:

• How to spin up servers.
  • How to get compliant.
  • How to create A/B uses for the robots.

It would help to have some guidelines, which I haven't found yet. It seems like UiPath is trying to keep out of the guidance part, because they want to leave it open for us to interpret how to use the tool.

I don't even know all the features available yet. I would love to see the roadmap. I love that going forward UiPath is simplifying the roadmap, trying to make it available for development within the business, not only IT.

Less than one year.

The stability has been good, so far. I haven't had any complaints.

The scalability seems good.

I haven't been through to customer support yet. I use our internal tech support (in-house). We have some knowledge, and they have been working in this area for quite some time.

I love UiPath Academy. While it is dull and I can't do more than an hour or two at a time in sequence, I think it is great. It's available to everyone, which is awesome.

The implementation for virtual environments went fine for the cases I've seen. We are using Citrix for some of them and virtual machines for the Unattended Robots, which seems to have been flawless.

We used consultants at some point.

It has saved us time. We are still doing the business cases to determine return of investment.

We expect to see ROI and performance benefits. I would rate the performance benefits as a ten out of ten.

I have nothing to do with licensing.

We are using multiple solutions for RPA within the whole region. UiPath is doing something right with its open community, sharing and involving users, then providing a platform for us to share our findings and snippets. That's the way to go and why I would recommend UiPath.

What other advice do I have?

We have a huge strategy on digitalization, so automation technology is very important. It's a common goal: Optimizing and putting stuff into categories, which can be optimized.

While I believe it has been helpful in the elimination of reducing human error since it is doing the same task every time, I'm fairly certain we didn't have many error previously.

I am a developer, and I find the product pretty easy to understand since I understand the logic of data containers and data types. However, I have been speaking with a lot of our business partners on the business side, and they are finding it hard to use.

More UiPath reviews from users
...who compared it with Automation Anywhere (AA)
Start Your UiPath Free Trial

Learn what your peers think about UiPath. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.