UiPath Review

We have direct access to read and write data in our applications, but the security and integration need improvement

What is our primary use case?

I work for the financial management office. We do a lot of manual processes. Our use case right now is that we look at all of our financial business processes, break them down, and identify the subprocesses that we can use UiPath to automate. This is very manually, so we try to find some efficiencies which have the most the value for our organization.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of UiPath is we have direct access to read and write data in our applications, so we don't need to build a back-end interface.

What needs improvement?

The security needs improvement, especially in regards to managing the credentials.

I would also like to see better integration with Microsoft products.

We still have to test the final product. UiPath's recommendation is build another bot to validate the other bot's work. That is the scary part: If you make a mistake creating the bot, how can you recover from that mistake?

A lot of Elastic is not working, which is why the solution is not integrated.

While the commercial solution is successful, the government solution needs improvement. Government has so many regulation and requirements that still need to be address by the product.

We are still in the process of building our first bot.

It's a bit choppy, so people need to find workarounds.

We haven't deployed our first bot yet, so we are unable to gauge bot stability.

We tried to set it up in the virtual environment because we want to leverage a lot of the Microsoft features. They need to include all the API features going forward to make the virtual environment effective.

We are working closely with the UiPath technical team because we are pioneering putting this infrastructure on the cloud.

The technical support team is responsive.

There is a big community.

We rely on our partner to identify a solution and give us a recommendation.

We set it up in Studio and Orchestrator. We are also ready to put the bot on our Amazon Cloud environment.

We had contractors, a consultancy company, help us build the system. They are a really good team, who also help deploy the solution for government agencies (DHS and DoD).

There are a couple options on market, like Automation Anywhere. UiPath is one of the leaders, so we picked UiPath.

Automation Anywhere is not on the DHS approved vendor list, so we couldn't pick them, as the approval process would take longer for them than UiPath.

What other advice do I have?

Use UiPath in a more process-driven way, instead of BI-driven way.

We put everything on Amazon Cloud, even our development is cloud-based.

We haven't had a change to use UiPath Academy for RPA training yet.

1 visitor found this review helpful