UiPath Review

Doubles productivity in records processing with high industry compliance

What is our primary use case?

We are using Studio, the Orchestrator, and both unattended and attended bots. We are using the product primarily to index and process patient records into patient charts when records come in from outside sources.

How has it helped my organization?

An example of how this product has improved the way our organization functions is that it has doubled the number of records that we process per hour.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for us is the unattended bots. They are valuable because records come in automatically from the vendor with a cover sheet, and that cover sheet has a QR (Quick Response) code. An unattended bot will take the record, and based on the code can index it and upload it to the patient's record with no human intervention.

On a scale from one to five where one is not stable and five is very stable, I would rate the stability of the UiPath platform as three right now. There are some nuances in it that are throwing some error codes when reading the QR codes. But we are in the process of working with UiPath to get that issue corrected.

Right now we have about five people in our organization involved in the automation program. We can expand that as necessary.

Our team used UiPath Academy RPA training. Two of the individuals on the team have gotten their certifications.

On a scale from one to five where one is the least beneficial and five is the most beneficial, I would rate the UiPath Academy as a four. The team really liked it. The two people that have certification are our two main developers. They had been doing their academy in concurrence with our deployment while they are still working on the project. They both said the academy has been very helpful.

We also have a customer support person dedicated to us. They call them Customer Success Managers. We use them and then we have also had to reach out to the home office in Romania. They are working on a solution for us right now. The service, on the whole, is very good.

I was part of the decision process in choosing UiPath as our RPA solution. We had not previously been using another solution but knew that we needed to invest in one because we looked at our employees' overtime records. We were paying for overtime and did not see the need to just for scanning and indexing. A bot can run 24/7, so the bot takes care of processes that can be automated instead.

The initial setup process was complicated because of us and the requirements of our organization. It was not because of UiPath. But even with those complications, from the time we purchased the UiPath license until we had our first robot in production took only about three months.

We did not use an integrator, reseller, or consultant for the deployment. We used internal staff and the UiPath engineers helped us along.

On a scale from one to five where one is very bad and five is excellent. I would rate our experience with UiPath as a five. They have been very responsive and have given us engineering support at no cost. They seemingly did that just to ensure that we were successful.

We are starting to see a return on investment. It has only taken us about a month to realize that. Basically, we have seen a performance benefit. Where it was taking a human about an hour to do ten records, we have estimated that we are going to be able to up that count to about 80 records an hour. One of the humans that is doing the manual part of it has already said that the product has helped double their workflow. The solution has also helped to eliminate human error by approximately 85%. I would say that it is going to save us at least 40 hours a week right now. I also think that is a conservative estimate.

For our licensing cost with this solution we have invested $90,000 right now, but that is to cover several facilities. The UiPath solution is not expensive considering that.

UiPath was the only RPA solution we looked at. They are TRM (Technology Reference Model) approved and they appeared to have the best platform.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to five where one is very difficult and five is very easy, I would rate the ease-of-use of the platform for automating our company's processes as a four. The UiPath product has fit our model the best. Number one, because in the VA (Veterans Affairs) hospitals the RPA solution has to be TRM approved and not all RPA solutions are. They have also been very helpful because we have a little bit of a unique system. There are some nuances in an older system that we are still using that can not be changed at the moment. They have helped us work around those issues and they have provided the technical support that we needed.

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best. I would rate the product overall as a nine. From everything that I've heard from the staff, the ease-of-use and the effectiveness of it are really good.

If I were to give advice to a colleague at another company who is researching RPAs, I would tell them to go with UiPath because of the product and the culture of the company. I think the culture of the company is one of the reasons that you are going to ensure that you will be successful.

More UiPath reviews from users