UiPath Review

A flexible tool that is easy to learn and use, saves us time spent on financial administration

What is our primary use case?

We primarily assist clients in deploying UiPath within Finance/Accounting and Internal Audit but have also realized the benefits of deploying it within our accounting function to assist with expense reporting and invoice processing.

We have also successfully complemented our technology solutions practice, which deploys ERP systems such as Workday and Coupa, where we have built some specific automations to accelerate deployment and assist with normal processing.

How has it helped my organization?

We have been able to save several hours each month allowing our staff to focus on more value-added efforts. For just downloading expense reports, a staff accountant can save between four and five hours each month. A lot of the prep work needed to send out invoices to clients is now being completed through automation.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the flexibility of the tool, ease of use, and training. We spend more time documenting the process and exceptions, wherein the build component doesn't take too long. Our consultants have been able to go through the training videos and pick up the ability to build their own automations.

What needs improvement?

I would like more incorporation of Artificial Intelligence (AI) features to allow for intelligent character recognition which can account for different formats and unstructured data. Specifically, the ability to not have to create templates for various formats to account for variation and rather intelligently extract key data regardless. There are some AI-like features in beta, but we are very interested in deploying now.

We have been using UiPath over two years.

If built and deployed correctly, the solution is very stable.

The scalability is great! There are several use cases already and an endless possibility of areas where UiPath/RPA can be leveraged.

I haven't had to interact with technical support, as of yet.

We did not use another solution prior to this one.

The initial setup is straightforward, both from interaction with systems and security.

We deployed this solution in-house.

We have been able to avoid hiring more staff accountants, so more cost avoidance.

Plan for the future! Don't just focus on trying to buy a license to meet your current need, but look to have the right infrastructure in place to help you scale. The investment is relatively small compared to the potential in qualitative and quantitative benefits that can be achieved.

We do have past experience, but when it came to deploying in our internal operations team, we focused on UiPath. We have found UiPath to be the most flexible to deploy.

What other advice do I have?

We are excited to see the new game-changing features with UiPath!

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are an implementation partner and also a customer (using it with our internal operations).
More UiPath reviews from users
...who compared it with Automation Anywhere (AA)
Start Your UiPath Free Trial

Learn what your peers think about UiPath. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
511,773 professionals have used our research since 2012.