UiPath Review

Easy drag-and-drop interface, valuable e-learning and documentation

What is our primary use case?

The solutions or test cases where we have used UiPath are:

1. Formatting different types of files (.csv, .dat, and .xls) to .txt
  2. Reconciling data between different applications
  3. The direct-debit application process

We deployed the solution inside a virtual machine in Cloud.

How has it helped my organization?

The organizations where we have implemented the UiPath solution have seen reduction and savings in time and FTEs. Processors were able to focus on other tasks and have the robot work on mundane and repetitive tasks.

The most recent organization is happy with the output and is planning to have other processes automated.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of UiPath are the drag and drop activities.

Since UiPath offers eLearning it makes it useful for developers to learn the basic activities used in automating processes.

UiPath also offers documentation and forums that help developers during debugging.

What needs improvement?

The product should be made more friendly to non-programming users, as some functions require a background in VB.NET.

UiPath should also add activities for the Excel application like formatting Excel columns and rows.

We have been using UiPath for ten months.

The workflow was able to handle the exceptions gracefully. The solution followed the ReFrameWork template of UiPath.

The solution is scalable as we are able to reuse the workflow.

We have not reached out to customer service during the implementation.

From the start, we used UiPath in automating processes.

Installation of Studio is straightforward but the Orchestrator, we don't have visibility as the client's IT team performed the installation.

The implementation was performed by the in-house team.

We don't have visibility on the ROI, just feedback from the client to say they have seen reduction and savings in time and FTEs.

We did not evaluate other options prior to implementing UiPath. It was decided and chosen by the organization and recommended by the Business Analyst.

What other advice do I have?

We have created a workflow that is dynamic and reusable.

Overall, UiPath Studio is easy to use and navigate.

Private Cloud