UiPath Review

Saves hundreds of hours spent on manual tasks, and good community forums help whenever I have a question

What is our primary use case?

I have been using UiPath to develop automations for my company. We are a manufacturing company that uses SAP as our primary enterprise application. We are currently meeting with many different business areas and hearing about all of the different processes that they would like us to automate for them. Since UiPath works within SAP, it should help us get some easy wins!

How has it helped my organization?

UiPath has allowed us to remove tedious work from our daily process, saving us hundreds of hours. We are currently using it to process separations for people leaving the company. This was a 100% manual process before UiPath and it was required to be completed hundreds of times each month. The team doing the work was extremely overworked and UiPath has allowed them to see a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

What is most valuable?

Orchestrator is essential, but I love how Studio includes so many activities that are pre-programmed to do what is needed.

Who doesn't love the recording feature? A recording is great to use when doing the first build of new automations!

The most important feature of all is the UiPath community and the forums, as they have helped me with countless questions!

What needs improvement?

One of the problems with UiPath is that it doesn't interact with some programs, such as AD and Chrome, and it would be great to have even more included!

We have been using UiPath for six months.

So far we have not had any issues with the stability.

We have not scaled, but from what I've read it should scale easily.

We did not use another solution prior to UiPath.

Understanding how everything connects was a little difficult, but UiPath offers classes that walk you through the setup. With the classes it was much easier.

We implemented using our in-house team.

Do your research, the infrastructure piece is important to understand before purchasing. Also, you need Orchestrator to implement UiPath properly, so don't let anyone tell you different!

Finally, you don't need to start with 100 bots... my advice is to start small and then scale.

We looked at Automate Anywhere and writing scripts, but UiPath seemed like the best path.

What other advice do I have?

There isn't much that I don't like about the product. I love all of the new features and products they are releasing this year, and I can't wait to see where this goes in the future.

More UiPath reviews from users
...who compared it with Automation Anywhere (AA)
Start Your UiPath Free Trial

Learn what your peers think about UiPath. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,548 professionals have used our research since 2012.