UiPath Review

Powerful customization creates opportunities for better efficiency and time savings

What is our primary use case?

We use UiPath for a lot of different scenarios including recording daily time capture, ordering meals for teams, and more technical work related to tax and audit. The most common uses for me personally are for drafting and sending emails. This has saved a countless hours of time. Basically, if it can be automated then we are automating it.

How has it helped my organization?

UiPath has opened up a lot of opportunities in our organization to save time through automation, but maybe even more importantly, it has created jobs and opportunities for many who want to work in the tech space. This work is highly satisfying and makes a real impact on the quality of life for those involved.

What is most valuable?

My favorite features and upgrades that I have found the most valuable are the ability to create custom activities specific to our organization's needs. This ability to customize what we need has really opened up opportunities to automate programs that otherwise would not work properly. Legacy systems can be finicky, but this feature makes it possible to use APIs and get the work done that we need.

What needs improvement?

I work in a highly regulated field and so many of the features offered by UiPath are not allowed because of one reason or another. I would definitely appreciate efforts to be made to build useful tools that meet regulatory standards in different fields so that we can all get the most out of automation.

We have been using this solution for two and a half years.

We use many different solutions, but I am personally most familiar with UiPath

If you are a smaller organization, use the free community version of the software to get a feel for its features and abilities. Then, once you are comfortable with how it can be applied, work with UiPath to implement it. It will take sacrifice, but the returns are great.

We evaluated all options and decided on different tools for different scenarios. These tools include Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, etc.

More UiPath reviews from users
...who compared it with Automation Anywhere (AA)
Start Your UiPath Free Trial

Learn what your peers think about UiPath. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,548 professionals have used our research since 2012.