UiPath Review

Smooth OCR capability, data scraping, and snippets help to automate tedious jobs

What is our primary use case?

I am an RPA developer and I am primarily using this solution to fill up timesheets in an internal portal. I use Windows 10, 64 bit. My team uses a mix of Windows 7, 8, and 10. It is suitable for daily and weekly tasks, which pretty much don't change over time, and is what I choose to automate parts of my team's work.

How has it helped my organization?

We are an IT company that works on both products and services. UiPath has helped to automate tedious data-filling jobs for test data creation (Testing), and data extraction jobs from public websites (HR). It has added a new capability which we can showcase to our clients.

What is most valuable?

Data Scraping is definitely a unique and useful feature that we had not known about before.

Smooth integration of OCR, which is very quick, is a useful feature.

Manage packages to get more packages.

Save as a Template feature.

Snippets are really useful as a reference for logic.

Plus button between activities & Ctrl+Shift+T is very useful in adding activities quickly.

What needs improvement?

Having the ability to run the bot from a single click will help to democratize the RPA.

Currently, I am running the XAML file from command prompt mode and this is causing inconvenience every time I update the XAML file.

The regular update of the Community Edition means that the UiRobot path is constantly changing on every update.

I have been using UiPath for the past one and a half years.

There are not many complaints on the stability of this solution. Though the regular updates of the Community Edition have given me trouble at times, it has been quickly resolved in the subsequent updates. I think that the UiPath Forum portal is one reason for this.

According to me, on one side it is creating a buzz and everybody wants to be part of it. On the other side, there is resistance to embrace new technology in their process. Only over time, this can be scalable and it cannot be done quickly.

This was my first RPA tool.

The initial setup is straight forward. This got better after integrating the Chrome extension setup in the UiPath studio itself.

I did not evaluate other RPA tools.

What other advice do I have?

The UiPath product team is doing an awesome job. Keep it up.

More UiPath reviews from users
...who compared it with Automation Anywhere (AA)
Start Your UiPath Free Trial

Learn what your peers think about UiPath. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,244 professionals have used our research since 2012.