UiPath Review

User-friendly, reduces manpower for manual tasks, and integrates well with SAP HANA

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case for this solution is to reduce manpower and achieve the best result with minimal time compared to doing tasks manually. This is a great advantage of this product because when doing tasks manually it takes many minutes of time but when the bot does it, it is finished in a few seconds.

How has it helped my organization?

I have several examples where UiPath has improved our organization. For example, our organisation was supporting a Japanese customer for handling tickets. Resolving those tickets manually usually took them 10 to 15 minutes but the bot was able to complete the task in four seconds. This is the great achievement.

There are many cases where UiPath reduces our work time and effort.

In our organisation, we have integrated with SAP HANA tools, which makes handling various situations easier.

What is most valuable?

The features like Data Scraping, Excel Automation, Mail Automation, System Automation, Secure credential activities, User events, and App integration are valuable to us. The integration like ABBYY OCR and Tesseract OCR are helpful. ABBYY OCR is a very good activity that can identify handwritten text, but to use this requires a licensed version.

UiPath requires less code writing and is user-friendly compared to some other solutions. The standard things can be automated very easily. The drag-and-drop activities make life easier.

The most beautiful activity is sentiment analysis, where we can predict the good reviews and the negative reviews. This gives us a great advantage.

Integration with different tools makes easier by using APIs.

What needs improvement?

1.For example: If two members are working in one project but different xaml files.

In one xaml file suppose i did few changes and if any more changes are required to do in the same xaml file the next member can see what changes has done in the activity and do the required changes.

Basically i mean the changes whatever we do there should be some place where we can see the history like Modified By, Modified Date and Modified Activity.

Which makes easy to track who is the last member to modify the xaml files.

2. There should be a global search mechanism for variables in the process flow and if the search is found then it should indicate that activity.

3. There should be activity/some mechanism where we can revert back the code of that particular date.

I have been using UiPath for one year.

I have used Salesforce, ServiceNow, and Frontend developer. Now, I have switched because this product makes the life of developers easier with respect to code implementation.

I have evaluated Salesforce and RunMyProcess products, which are cloud platforms.

What other advice do I have?

I have found this to be a very good platform to work on. It's in high-trend in the market now and very much a great thing.

Other
More UiPath reviews from users
...who compared it with Automation Anywhere (AA)
Start Your UiPath Free Trial

Learn what your peers think about UiPath. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,244 professionals have used our research since 2012.