UiPath Review

Recording processes and the ease of using StudioX makes creating simple automations easy

What is our primary use case?

Our primary purpose is to automate our internal processes so we can increase our profits and reduce our headcount. We are an IT service provider, so our main focus so far has been our Service Desk but we are starting to work with our Finance, Payroll, and HR teams in 2020.

How has it helped my organization?

So far, we have not realised much in terms of benefit because we have only just begun our RPA journey. However, we have approximately four FTE of savings in our pipeline. It has improved our business so far by creating an innovation-based way of thinking amongst our teams.

What is most valuable?

Personally, I find that Explorer Expert and StudioX appear the most valuable to my role as an Analyst. Explorer Expert allows me to easily "record" processes and gives the developer the skeleton of an automation project. StudioX allows me to build simple automation projects without the need to engage our development team.

What needs improvement?

StudioX could use some improvement to broaden the range of automation projects suitable. At this stage, it is limited in terms of the functions that are available and I would like to see a lot more options added to this tool so that our business users can get even more benefit.

We have been using UiPath for three months.

There have been no concerns with stability as of yet.

It appears to be very scalable but we have only had the tool for a few months.

Customer service has been great so far. We have received answers to all of our questions quickly.

This is our first RPA solution.

We had some issues with the licenses at first, but we were able to communicate with UiPath to get this resolved.

We used an in-house team to implement our solution.

So far we have not had a return on our investment, but this will change in 2020.

Pricing is quite reasonable with UiPath and there are some tools which are free to use.

We evaluated a range of options on the market including Blue Prism.

What other advice do I have?

So far, I highly recommend UiPath. They are constantly introducing new tools and features and they all seem to provide extra benefit.

More UiPath reviews from users
...who compared it with Automation Anywhere (AA)
Start Your UiPath Free Trial

Learn what your peers think about UiPath. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,548 professionals have used our research since 2012.