UiPath Review

Allows use of .NET classes and the technical support is good

What is our primary use case?

I started using UiPath version 2017.1 and currently, I am using 2018.4.6.

We had a requirement of fetching emails, which are basically requests from clients filled on our website form. We read those emails and process the data filled by the user in the form. There are different forms like a request to provide reports, a request to add or delete a user, etc.

After reading these emails, the bot has to take the necessary action on our Primary CRM application. Depending on the request type, the bot will navigate to the necessary module in the application and perform the request as defined in the email request.

How has it helped my organization?

Earlier, we had a team of around 20 people working in one shift to handle these requests. We were able to scale back on 15 of these team members and utilize them for other work in the organization.

Five people are still required to process exceptions that the bots are not able to process due to multiple reasons. Additionally, the UiPath bots helped process the requests for the entire day, compared to the processing happening only during business hours.

We were also able to reduce the time taken to process each request from approximately ten minutes to two minutes.

What is most valuable?

There are many RPA tools available in the market.

The most valuable feature that UiPath has is the ability to be able to use .NET functions. Basically, all of the data manipulation functions and classes available in .NET are accessible in UiPath and this makes it easier to cast data and use it correctly.

Apart from this, the Queue is one of the best things that other tools do not have. This enables us to have work items queued and then run multiple bots to pick up items and work on them simultaneously.

What needs improvement?

As more and more organization units are trying to use RPA, there might be a need to have separation of data within multiple tenants or organizational units. Not only on the front-end but also the ability to have a separate database for each Tenant. This will leave no room for the enterprise security team to raise questions on data separation.

I feel that a Host Admin, being a master Admin, should be somehow able to login to different tenants.

I have been using UiPath for the past two years.

UiPath is quite a stable product. I haven't seen many issues and I rarely had to contact the support team for reporting issues.

UiPath is completely scalable. Right from giving you an option to segregate processes between different organizational units to expanding to multiple robots.

Customer Service is prompt and the technical support team is highly efficient and knowledgeable.

We used Automation Anywhere earlier, which is a more user-friendly and less complex RPA tool compared to UiPath. We finally had to switch due to certain capabilities that were restrictive in AA. Stability was also a factor.

I think the setup cost is quite nominal, but the licensing might be on a higher side when compared to Automation Anywhere. However, we should not forget about the features and flexibility which UiPath has.

We did not evaluate any other options. We moved from Automation Anywhere to UiPath.

What other advice do I have?

I think that for the most part, this product has all of the required features.

Private Cloud

Other
More UiPath reviews from users
...who compared it with Automation Anywhere (AA)
Start Your UiPath Free Trial

Learn what your peers think about UiPath. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,244 professionals have used our research since 2012.