Ultimate%20software logo

Ultimate Software Ultipro Review
​Being able to calculate and immediately see results in the payroll gateway is valuable.

Valuable Features:

• Being able to calculate and immediately see results in the payroll gateway

Improvements to My Organization:

It is a huge timesaver and having all our info in the same platform is fantastic.

Room for Improvement:

I would like to see more consideration in the web to sports teams' payroll.

Currently in Ultipro Web, there is no place to enter contract information that will then feed other areas for the employee such as job history or pay.

Also, the field “No. of Games” doesn’t display in Pay Data Entry in web, so even if I import the game information into Web while I’m processing payroll, I still have to log into Back Office in order to make adjustments.

Also, the expression for BDUES doesn’t work. It should be $80 per duty day, which normally is either 15 or 16 days per pay period but the expression doesn’t work, so I import that information from a spreadsheet also.

Apportioning days per state for state withholding (not SUI) is also a challenge. I frequently have to override that information in pay data entry.

Use of Solution:

I have used it for seven years.

Deployment Issues:

We have encountered deployment issues, but partly due to lack of experience with the implementation specialist.

Stability Issues:

We have never encountered any stability issues.

Scalability Issues:

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer service is excellent from the account manager; not so great from UTA.

Technical support is very good.

Previous Solutions:

We previously used ADP. We switched because of the lack of flexibility, the mainframe processing, and the constant need to upgrade to new platforms.

Initial Setup:

Initial setup was complex due to having to clean up data and convert it to Ultipro's format.

Implementation Team:

An in-house team implemented it.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing:

Make sure you really investigate all the licenses you'll need to be efficient.

Other Solutions Considered:

Before choosing this product, we also evaluated Workday, ADP Workforce, SAP, Kronos, and Oracle.

Other Advice:

Just understand the difference between a payroll service bureau and a software company that services payroll.

1 Comment

C695ac8a f26a 4efc bfe2 bed31bbb03c2 avatar

Hi there, thank you for providing us with feedback. We're happy to hear we have helped streamline processes in your organization. Have a great day. Thank you.

Like (0)01 June 17
Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Ultimate Software Ultipro?

Our experts can help. 222,498 professionals have used our research on 5,691 solutions.