Unitrends Review

In the past we used two separate products for backing up virtual and physical nodes. We switched because this solution supports both.

What is most valuable?

It's an all-inclusive backup appliance that is separate from other storage needed to backup. It is also valuable because it has the ability to backup both virtual and physical nodes.

How has it helped my organization?

It has made our business continuity process more efficient with less administrative overhead needs for managing two backup solutions for both physical and virtual needs.

What needs improvement?

It needs both a better interface and a more solid support structure for when issues arise.

I've been using it for almost a year now. We transitioned from Veeam Backup.

The transition was challenging due to bugs and misconfiguration but we worked through it.

There have been no performance issues.

It's been able to scale for our needs.

It's average.

We used to use two products - Veeam and ArcServ. We chose Unitrends because it is all-inclusive and meets both virtual and physical backup needs.

We implemented it ourselves with guidance from the vendor.

What other advice do I have?

It has solid qualities such as being all-inclusive disk backup appliance with replication capabilities off site. Make sure you understand the pros and cons of the solution compared to what your currently are using.

More Unitrends reviews from users
...who work at a Non Tech Company
Learn what your peers think about Unitrends. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.