Unitrends Review

In the past we used two separate products for backing up virtual and physical nodes. We switched because this solution supports both.

Valuable Features

It's an all-inclusive backup appliance that is separate from other storage needed to backup. It is also valuable because it has the ability to backup both virtual and physical nodes.

Improvements to My Organization

It has made our business continuity process more efficient with less administrative overhead needs for managing two backup solutions for both physical and virtual needs.

Room for Improvement

It needs both a better interface and a more solid support structure for when issues arise.

Use of Solution

I've been using it for almost a year now. We transitioned from Veeam Backup.

The transition was challenging due to bugs and misconfiguration but we worked through it.

There have been no performance issues.

It's been able to scale for our needs.

It's average.

We used to use two products - Veeam and ArcServ. We chose Unitrends because it is all-inclusive and meets both virtual and physical backup needs.

Implementation Team

We implemented it ourselves with guidance from the vendor.

Other Advice

It has solid qualities such as being all-inclusive disk backup appliance with replication capabilities off site. Make sure you understand the pros and cons of the solution compared to what your currently are using.

1 Comment