Unitrends Review

​Technical support is inadequate, but ​it has removed the need to have a copy for backup replication purposes

How has it helped my organization?

It has removed the need to have a copy for backup replication purposes, as we replicate our backups to the cloud.

What is most valuable?

The ability to backup both physical and virtual machines, along with having an appliance store the backups locally instead of on a file server, NAS, or SAN.

What needs improvement?

Technical support is quite inadequate. Techs don't see to be well-versed in troubleshooting issues that arise and tickets stay opened for weeks for resolution.

Restoration has been unstable when needed. Some backups don't restore properly or take an excessive amount of time to complete.

We have not needed to scale, so this is not applicable.

I give them a one out of 10.

It was supposed to straightforward, but ended up being complex due to unforeseen issues by Unitrends support.

What other advice do I have?

Carefully observe reviews on this solution by actual end users before considering this as a backup strategy.

9.2
More Unitrends reviews from users
...who work at a Non Tech Company
Learn what your peers think about Unitrends. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,641 professionals have used our research since 2012.