Unitrends Review

Improvements to My Organization

We have been able to move completely away from using tape and robocopy for backup efforts.

Valuable Features

• Reliable DR
  • Backup/archive to multiple locations
  • Excellent support

Room for Improvement

Making the seeding process more accessible and easier to understand. Also, make more of the undocumented best practices easier to find

When we first moved to v10, we did have issues with restores. Support jumped right in and found the issue, and published a bug fix, this took care of the issue.

None.

Excellent. I like that I can chat directly with them for simple issues, and can also reach out to higher level engineers for the more difficult issues.

Excellent, see previous answer.

We used Zerto, which was not able to do file-level restores for any volume larger than 2TB.

It was straightforward in the initial setup, but a bit more complex in the tuning and tweaking.

Implementation Team

I actually implemented most of it by myself.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Make sure you do the homework to size the solution properly. Buy the Enterprise Plus licensing if you can afford it.