Unitrends Review

The customer and technical support are excellent

What is our primary use case?

We use it to back up files and virtual machine (VM) instances.

How has it helped my organization?

It works as expected the vast majority of the time. This is an improvement over other products that seem to break with the slightest change in the environment.

What is most valuable?

The simple and fast restore routine.

What needs improvement?

There are a few quirks where the GUI, agent, and back-end are not precisely meshed. The new OS may have fixed those issues, however.

No issues.

No issues.

Excellent.

We used software-only products. There were a number of incidents where the compatibility with the hardware was not a 100 percent.

This solution alleviates the compatibility issue.

It was probably as simple as could be considering that every environment will need some amount of tweaking.

It was implemented in-house.

Not calculated. Estimated at about one year.

Initial pricing is competitive. Renewal pricing is steep, so make sure to project costs for the lifetime of the appliance(s).

None worth mentioning here.

More Unitrends reviews from users
...who work at a Non Tech Company
Learn what your peers think about Unitrends. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,641 professionals have used our research since 2012.