UrbanCode Deploy Review

I like the web interface for deployment to various enviorments. Would like to have full blown support for repositories.

What is most valuable?

• Automatic detection of new builds (via an agent on Nexus).
  • The ability to easily create a custom deployment workflow in the web interface.

How has it helped my organization?

Deployment to various environments can be done from a web interface without needing to manually copy files around or log into systems to run scripts.

What needs improvement?

Full blown support for repositories such a SonaType Nexus would be better than having to deploy an agent to watch particular filesystem paths.

We've been using IBM UrbanCode for 3 months.

No issues with deployment and the automatic deployment of agents and agent relay has proved very useful.

We have not encountered any issues with stability.

Currently a single node is sufficient for our needs, so scalability has not been an issue.

There was no need to contact customer service.

There was no need to contact technical support.

The previous solution was a mix of manually copying files around and logging into systems to run scripts. IBM UrbanCode Deploy enabled us to easily take builds from SonaType Nexus and deploy them into the environments without needing manual steps.

The initial setup was straightforward. It was very easy to install and configure IBM UrbanCode Deploy and remotely deploy its agents.

In-house.

Before chosing this product we also evaluated Midvision RapidDeploy, Thoughtworks Go and Xebia Labs XL Deploy.
Thoughtworks Go: the plugin to integrate with Sonatype Nexus is a thirdparty plugin and has been broken for sometime.
Xebia Labs XL Deploy: The set up of each app for deployment is overly complicated.