UrbanCode Deploy Review

Prior deployments and logging stored in a web GUI can now be accessed by any member of the team.

What is most valuable?

There are three main valuable features for us:

1. The ability to deploy objects consistently to any of our multiple environments;
  2. Prior deployments and logging stored in a web GUI which can be accessed by any member of the team; and
  3. Flexibility of the plugin system to use features supplied by IBM or the ability to write our own.

How has it helped my organization?

Teams are now able to schedule deployments to any environment and watch in a screen the deployment occur. This has allowed teams to reduce the number of staff online when a deployment occurs.

Tracking and audit-ability of the deployments are easy and allow teams to research any issues quickly and resolve the issue with little assistance.

What needs improvement?

The reporting functionality is limited and it is difficult to retrieve information from the database due to the table structure.

We've used it for about one year.

We encountered no issues with deployment.

We have occasional minor issues with stability.

We've had no issues scaling it.

6/10

7/10

The prior solution was created by our company. We determined that to add the features required to expand our solution, it was better to use a vendor product.

The initial setup was straightforward and well-documented.

We implemented it through our in-house team.

I'm not able to answer this.

Cost is based on the number of agents installed. This is normally one agent per target box/system.

Yes, we evaluated Jenkins.

What other advice do I have?

This product is excellent for deploying components and running processes related to deployments. It is not intended to be a build system, but is easy enough to incorporate into any CI Build system. The tool has two "sister" products which work well with UrbanCode Deploy. It is intended for this tool to be used for larger companies.

More UrbanCode Deploy reviews from users