What is most valuable?
There are several most valuable features for us.
- Automation of deployment processes for all our projects;
- It's user-friendly enough for our development team to access and use on a daily basis; and
- The lead approval process is one of the unique features in it that can't be found in any other automation tool.
How has it helped my organization?
It's improved our organization's functions in a few ways.
- It has automated the manual deployment process for all Java, .NET, and C++ applications;
- It makes is easy to track production releases with date and time; and
- It's gotten rid of the manual errors for deployment that occurred from manual testing.
What needs improvement?
I think that the IBM support team needs to be more proactive in their responses to PMR tickets raised by customers. Also, the plugins for ServiceNow Integration need to be updated.
For how long have I used the solution?
I've used it for three years.
What was my experience with deployment of the solution?
We've haven't encountered any issues with deployment.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
We haven't experienced any issues of instability.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
We've been able to scale sufficiently.
How are customer service and technical support?
I'd rate customer service at a 5 out of 10. Technical Support
I'd rate technical support at a 6 out of 10.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
We previously used IBM Rational Build Forge and then migrated to UrbanCode Deploy, which has more flexibility and process-oriented features.
How was the initial setup?
The initial setup was pretty straightforward with the installation of agents and clients. The configuration process and specific jobs are dependent on the complexity of your application or project.
What about the implementation team?
Our client's in-house team helped with the implementation, and they had an expertise of about an 8 out of 10.
What was our ROI?
I can't say exactly what our ROI is, but as we're in the insurance sector, I know that this is a cost-efficient tool.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
It's available at a very reasonable price.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
We evaluated OpenStack and Amazon Web Services.
What other advice do I have?
It's best to do a POC on the applications you're currently running to check the feasibility of using UrbanCode Deploy.