UrbanCode Deploy Review

I can create a deployment process visually and see that process executing in real time.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability to create a deployment process visually and to see that process executing in real time, step by step, with access to log files and with a click of a button.

How has it helped my organization?

It has drastically improved how we function. We can now realize continuous delivery practices. We can automate more and integrate with other system much more easily.

What needs improvement?

Need more granular security: for example, access to the Settings tab is all or nothing. I would like to be able to grant access to parts of the Settings tab and also provide read-only access to parts as well.

Reporting: I am excited to learn more about Insights. Until then, native reporting in UCD needs a lot of work.

I have used it for 1.5 years.

We have encountered scalability issues. We did not scale particularly well. We have not been able to maintain a cluster with 3 servers in UCD. When running with 3 servers, we have experienced instability and agent connectivity issues.

Customer service is average. For a company our size and the amount we stretched the tool, I would say more could have been done to help our journey. With that said, there are a lot of examples where IBM has worked very well with us.

Technical support is slightly above average. It has been good. We have challenges that we still need to work through.

We were previously using a home-grown solution. That solution couldn't scale, was risky to make changes to, and could not provide the features we need to achieve continuous delivery.

Initial setup was complex. There is a lot to consider in a large enterprise: security model, resource tree strategies, infrastructure topology (UCD servers, agent relays), management of UCD agents (installation, monitoring, troubleshooting, etc.).

We implemented it mostly in-house but we did have some help initially from IBM consultants. I would rate that help as fair.