vCenter Configuration Manager Review

Enables us to monitor our VMs and environment

What is our primary use case?

My primary use for vCenter is to manage my hosts and all my VMs via vCenter. I can also monitor my VMs and my environment.

What is most valuable?

There are a lot of features, but I've found vMotion and VRS the most valuable.

What needs improvement?

The main issue I have with vCenter Configuration Manager is that when I have a problem or error, I have to search a lot to get the solution. There isn't a clear document, and in some instances, none at all. There isn't a clear document covering all the errors. It would be helpful if the company provided better documentation for solving issues.

Additionally, I'd like to see more automation features in the next releases. If they could add more automation features to make the configuration and implementation processes easier, that would be good.

I have been using vCenter Configuration Manager for about six months. I'm pre-sales but lately my company and I have gotten a new task to go more deeply into technical problems and technical configuration.

This product is very stable, it's a very good product.

Configuration Manager is scalable.

The initial setup was simple.

We didn't evaluate a competitor, we only work with VMWare.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of 1 - 10, I would rate it an 8. I would recommend vCenter Configuration Manager to other users.