vCenter Orchestrator Review

Central point for configuring, provisioning, and managing virtualized IT environments

What is our primary use case?

We are a healthcare establishment. The main essence here is the 24X7X365 availability. This was possible due to virtualization. The best-suited candidate for the virtualization was VMware as the technical resources are easily available in the market. The Virtualization standards offered by VMware are defacto industry norms. This enabled us to have better resiliency and dynamic fail-over cluster for our application server and the databases. Using the virtualizes such as VMware, we achieved HPE SimpliVity Snapshot performance due to the capabilities of vCenter deployment.

How has it helped my organization?

The open, flexible architecture has brought in the agile computing environment along with better Dr capabilities. Automation management and operational tasks across VMware and third-party applications, like our HMIS and other business productivity applications, have delivered peace of mind. Automation is the KPI of any IT Lead organization. The healthcare industry is no exception to this. We were able to automate the business logic for provisioning, de-provisioning, HA, and clustering of our virtualized environment. This has reduced the manpower as well. Some more addition to the op-ex reduction of the organization.

What is most valuable?

VMware vSphere includes the components and features that fulfill most of the imaginations of a Virtualization expert. A virtualization layer that runs on physical servers that abstracts processor, memory, storage, and resources into multiple virtual machines. The central point for configuring, provisioning, and managing virtualized IT environments.

The essence that is served is on the spot provisioning of the compute nodes and infrastructure in a virtualized manner

Effective time saving, diminished manual errors, complex IT workflow, and reduced operational cost has resulted in increasing our IT Application Service value proposition by many folds

What needs improvement?

It is practically difficult at this stage to really comment on the improvisations of V central. But more tech events and PoC cases would help the EA to design better solutions and utilization.

As a customer and a DC Architect, it would be great if more self-learning resources are made available online. One on one sessions from VM ware for rapidly growing organizations like us will further strengthen the intent of embracing the product portfolio from VMWare. A couple of the pointer in this regards can be as below:

1. Quarterly technology reviews from the OEM.

2. Consultation and handholding

3. Opex Model

I have been using vCenter for two years.

It is very reliable and stable.

Performance of the solution is as planned on the drawing board.

The support from OEM and the Vendor has been good, though it was required only a few times at the very initial stages.

We have always been with VMware.

The implementation was straightforward.

Implemented through a vendor team. The expertise of Vintech was far above the expectation. A sure shot A+.

It generally meets expectations. The pricing could be a little better.

Acropolis from Nutanix.

More vCenter Orchestrator reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about vCenter Orchestrator. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
513,091 professionals have used our research since 2012.