vCenter Orchestrator Review

A stable, scalable solution with a quick deployment

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution to run my monitoring tools. For the universities I work with, the primary use is to run everything and anything.

What is most valuable?

The solution's ability to template and easily implement are the most valuable features. It offers good replication as well.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to integrate with Cloud facilities like AWS and Azure. Containerization, which I believe they are working on, needs to improve too.

I've been using the solution for two years.

The solution is pretty stable. As long as you look after the boxes it's running on, and ensure they're connected, then you're fine. We don't plan to increase usage at this time.

The scalability of the solution is pretty good. We have about 100 or so users on the solution currently.

I've never really had to use technical support, so I don't have any experience with them.

We didn't previously use a different solution.

Deployment took less than a day. However, I did not handle the implementation. We only require two people for maintenance.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the on-premises deployment model.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten.