vCloud Director Review

Easy to setup and manage, reliable, with a good interface and accessibility

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the UI, the interface, and accessibility.

It's easy to manage, it's stable, there are fewer bugs, and the version is upgradable.

We are using 8.0 which is going out of support and will need to upgrade to 10, which would not take much time to upgrade.

What needs improvement?

There is no support for versions below 10.x. Support for previous versions would be nice, but it's the end of support which is the company policy. We cannot debate it and they provide us with extended support as well, for a year.

This is is more than enough time for an organization to upgrade to the latest version to be secure and protected.

There is always room for improvement.

In the next release, we would like to see improvements with the pricing. It could be reduced.

I have been using this solution for five years.

It's a stable solution.

vCloud Director is scalable.

We have over 1000 people in our organization who are using this solution.

Technical support is good for version 10.x. There is support through the vendor but not for the previous versions.

For versions 9.0 and above, there is support available.

The initial setup is straightforward.

The time it takes to deploy depends on the number of cells. For example, if you have two cells it will take 40 to 45 minutes. Not more than that.

This is an expensive solution.

What other advice do I have?

We will upgrade and continue our usage of this solution.

I would recommend this solution to others who are interested in using this solution. It's a very good product.

I would rate vCloud Director a nine out of ten.

Version 8.0
More vCloud Director reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with AWS Trusted Advisor
Learn what your peers think about vCloud Director. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.