vCloud Director Review

Enables us to provision our clients faster but the initial setup was complex

What is our primary use case?

We use vCloud Director for our customers. They use it to deploy work machine networking and to manage their own applications and backup solutions.

How has it helped my organization?

It enables us to provision our clients faster but the process is different. It is faster and the customer can auto-deploy via a template. It can take three to five minutes depending on the type of operating system.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features for us are that our customers can create their own data center.  At the moment we don't use vCloud Director for data protection or disaster recovery. We are thinking about seeing the demo for vCloud Director and to implement the data next year.

The self-service capabilities have allowed our customers to have their own templates and to deploy from those templates.

What needs improvement?

We would like to see them up the storage.

Three to five years.

We've been using this solution for more than four years and we have found it to be stable.

We have found it to be scalable. Each year we know they will implement more and more features.

Their technical support is great. We had some difficult cases and they were able to solve them in a timely manner. Overall, we are satisfied.

Initially, the setup was complex but VMware is working to simplify the integration.

We implemented it ourselves.

Our customers see reduced costs because they use our solution. I see that the company is growing and is a positive part of the solution.

Our customers use different products like Azure, Amazon, and VMware. They use our infrastructure for disaster recovery. The objective is to recover.

We chose to switch to VMware because our customers don't want to spend a lot to change make a transition.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise someone looking into this or a similar solution to use vCloud Director if a customer wants to remove their old hardware.

I rated this solution an eight because it's a good product.