vCloud Director Review

The compatibility with vSAN and NSX is its greatest feature. However, we previously had compatibility issues migrating VMs from a vCenter to it.

What is our primary use case?

We use it in a new data center.

What is most valuable?

The compatibility with vSAN and NSX is the greatest feature of vCloud Director. It also has integration with vROps, which is quite nice.

What needs improvement?

In version 6.7, compatibility to migrate VMs from a vCenter to vCloud Director had a problem. However, this has been solved in the newest version.

The stability is good.

The scalability is the best part.

Our customer wanted to deliver a host and new services. We discussed what would be good solution and thought that vCloud Director would work.

It has enabled us to provision new clients faster. We don't have to configure a new host nor configure a new VM. We just have to secure it.

It is better than other solutions out there when it comes to cost.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend, especially with the new features coming out in versions 8.0 and 9.0.

**Disclosure: IT Central Station contacted the reviewer to collect the review and to validate authenticity. The reviewer was referred by the vendor, but the review is not subject to editing or approval by the vendor. The reviewer's company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partner.
More vCloud Director reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider