Veeam Agent for Linux Review

Very good, simple to use, and fits the purpose

What is our primary use case?

We sell the latest version of Veeam Agent for Linux.

What is most valuable?

It's simple to use.

What needs improvement?

There isn't much to improve. They just need to follow the trend or the development of other Linux products. Follow in terms of making the product compatible with new versions of Linux. They just need to include as many versions for Linux as possible.

It depends on the customer, but we have been using Veeam Agent for Linux for some years now, and we have no problem.

It's stable. You just have to deploy the updates regularly, and that's it.

I don't have direct experience but one of our customers had. He was quite positively surprised. He opened a support case with level 3, which means it's not so urgent. After a few days, when there was no response for him, he opened a new case with level 1. Then they called him straight away and solved the problem.

The initial setup is straight forward. It's simple to install, but then you have to configure it. There are always some specific situations to be considered and put into the plan and then accordingly, consider the solution.

The deployment depends on the configuration, that is, whether you have big environments or small environments. If you have just a few servers, then deployment takes two to three hours altogether, but if you have a big environment, then it takes a couple of days.

What other advice do I have?

If you have a Linux environment and you need to protect it via an agent, that's when you have to use it. Otherwise, you just don't use it. You back up this little machine without initiation.

It is very good, and it fits the purpose. That's a 10 out of 10.

More Veeam Agent for Linux reviews from users