Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows Review

Affordable, extremely stable, and very good for recovery tasks

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for business continuity and backup and recovery.

How has it helped my organization?

Mostly, the solution offers very good peace of mind. We feel safe and secure and know that we are able to recover anything we need to.

What is most valuable?

I haven't had any disasters, so I haven't had to actually do a full restore.

The solution is extremely stable.

The ability to go into the virtual machine and do a file extraction has been quite useful as I have staff members and teachers that will either misplace or accidentally delete a file. They then rely on me to go get it for them. It's quite useful.

I basically just set it and forget it and use it to check my reports. If my reports look good, I don't even mess with it, I just let it do its thing. It's very hands-off.

The solution is very affordable for small businesses.

What needs improvement?

I can't think of anything that may be missing. I have basic replication and backup in place and it's doing what I want.

I've been using the solution for 2014. It's been a few years at this point. It's been about six years. I have nine virtual servers and two physical hosts that I am backing up with this.

The solution is very, very stable. It's extremely reliable. There aren't issues with bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash and freeze. We've had it since 2015. I've updated it once, and so far, it's been working great.

I'm unsure of the scalability aspect of the solution. It fits my environment and works great. The solution is very good for smaller entities such as businesses and schools. I haven't however, tried to scale anything.

I would at a K-12 school and all students and teachers benefit from the technology.

I've had to reach out to technical support in the past. They've been great. I'd rate them ten out o ten. The couple of times I've called in, they were wonderful. They were very fast response and resolved my problem quickly.

I didn't previously use a different solution, and I also don't plan to change from this one. I have a quote with me right now that I will fire off in order to start the renewal process.

The initials setup was not complex. It was very straightforward. We didn't face any issues during the setup process.

We've found the solution to be very reasonably priced.

What other advice do I have?

I'm just a Veeam customer and end-user. I don't have a business relationship with the company.

I've got a Veeam agent for Linux and I've got a Veeam agent for Microsoft Windows. I've also got Veeam Cloud Connect and backup for Office 365.

I'm using Veeam Backup Essentials for Enterprise. The two-socket edition is currently what I'm running on this site.

I tend to do an on-prem backup and then I replicate to the cloud.

I would advise other organizations to talk to your local rep to get full details on what the product can do for you. That way you can use it to its fullest capability.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. It's functioned well, saved my butt for firewall retrieval and pulling some data that was corrupted and customer service has been great.

More Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Veeam Backup & Replication
Learn what your peers think about Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.