Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows Review

Good monitoring and management tools, protects our customers data, and has a good user interface

What is our primary use case?

This solution is used for our private clients and customers. It is used for data protection in a data center.

What is most valuable?

The interface of this solution is quite good.

We use all of the features that this solution offers to us. There is not one more specific than the other, so it is difficult to just select one feature as we are satisfied with all that is offered in this solution.

There is no trouble or lack of features within this solution, which is the reason we have chosen this solution to work with.

What needs improvement?

An area that this solution could be improved would be with the licensing.

I have been using this solution for ten years.

This solution is quite stable. If a process or a service fails it is not always an issue of the instability of the solution itself. You can have some trouble with the infrastructure that lies right below the product itself.

They release periodic updates that sometimes fix bugs or glitches.

With our latest licensing, we have had no problem with scalability.

I have had recent experience or contact with technical support and I have no complaints. They work well and reply within a short time.

Previously we used Nakivo, Veeam Backup and Replication, and Veeam Agent for Linux.

The deployment method is normally on-premises.

For the most part, the setup is straightforward, depending on the solution that we implement for the customer. The complexities would depend on the customization.

The deployment time varies depending on the difficulties after implementation. A day after the implementation you have to do some fine-tuning activities. The tuning activities depend on the project. Sometimes you can implement and leave it with the customer as it is, whereas at other times it requires more tuning activities. When that happens you can expect that it will take days.

There are costs in addition to the standard licensing fees, and pricing can be a disadvantage or a weakness for this solution.

What other advice do I have?

The monitoring of the management tools that you find embedded within the package that you buy, is quite enough. It's enough to manage a typical installation.

If you need anything else then you will add onto the package that you buy. Moving from a standard to an enterprise version, you will add more features.

We are partners and resellers of Veeam Software.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten. I would recommend it, it is practically perfect.