Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows Review

A good all-round solution that is easily scalable, very stable, and free to use

What is most valuable?

The solution generally, is very sound. It's also free. We use a community edition. It saves a lot of costs for us.

What needs improvement?

I've found a lot of difficulties on the initial setup and especially in terms of credentials. We really need a Window OS and local admin account. It doesn't like the domain admin account. it's a primary permission issue.

I've been using the solution for six months.

For the most part, the solution is very stable.

Scalability is good. We're in the process of scaling across our organization currently.

Technical support is good. They're very responsive. It depends on the timezone responding, but I usually get a response within three-four hours of creating a ticket.

The initial setup wasn't too complex. We just had issues around permissions. We're almost done the implementation.

We handled the implementation ourselves.

We're saving a lot of money on costs right now since we've implemented the solution and we're using the community version.

We did evaluate other solutions but nothing is comparable to Veeam Community Edition in terms of license and limitation of Sockets and the number of VMs to be backup.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the on-premises deployment model.

In terms of migration, it's a pretty good tool. It is pretty good at accepting data from legacy applications.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten.