Veeam Backup for Office 365 Review

A good backup solution for non-complex systems with good stability and ease of use

What is our primary use case?

Our customers primarily use the solution as a backup for on-premises because they have nothing on the cloud. They want to be sure that they have the data backed up at least on their side. Before that, the exchange server was on-site and on-premises. The clients put it all in Office 365 and now they want to have a backup on-premises.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to use. It's very simple and clients find it very easy to find all objects and things they need with the Veeam Explorer. The solution is very simple in terms of backing up objects as well. With Veeam, a lot of features are built-in, as opposed to some competitors, such as Avamar. It's also easier to use than Avamar if you were to compare them.

What needs improvement?

The solution announced many features two years ago, and they still have not happened, so I would hope that the next release has these ready to go.

The solution is relatively new to us.

The solution is very stable.

Scalability is good. It's very simple.

The initial setup is very straightforward. Deployment takes about a half-day. If I was a customer who bought a Data Domain, a physical appliance, and Veeam virtual, it would take one day to have the Data Domain up and then to add Veeam. You only need one person for deployment and maintenance.

We help clients with the implementation.

What other advice do I have?

We are a Veeam partner. We handle the on-premises deployment model.

If you are a company that needs simple virtualizations and if you don't have very complex applications, I would recommend the solution.

I would rate the solution nine out of ten. It's not quite suitable for complex systems. If you have, for example, a CSS share, you can't backup using Veeam.