Veeam Backup & Replication Review

Easy to use, and very stable but needs the automatically check for backups

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use it for backup and replication.

What is most valuable?

It's a very easy solution to use. It's easy for IT teams to manage, however, you don't need any special skills to really wrap your head around the product.

The product is very simple in its design. We don't need it to perform complicated tasks.

We work with the standard version, which is free.

What needs improvement?

It would be helpful if there was something that could assist you in managing the database more effectively.

It needs to offer an automatic check for backups.

I've been using the solution for three years.

The solution is very stable. We don't have any issues with its reliability. It's bug and glitch-free for the most part. It doesn't crash or freeze.

We've never really tested the scalability of the product. It's my understanding that you can extend service to ten or maybe to 20 machines. It's not complicated to do that. However, I can't speak to its full potential as it relates to scalability.

We only have four people dealing with the product directly in our company.

Technical support is okay. We're satisfied with the level of service we're provided.

The initial implementation is not complex in any way. It's very straightforward.

While we work with the standard version of the solution, if you want to upgrade, the pricing is too high. They could work to make it more affordable for the Polish market. It's too high for most companies to afford. If it was more affordable, it could be more accessible.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with Veeam.

We're using the standard version of the solution.

While I'd advise others to look at other companies to compare, I do recommend Veeam. It's my understanding that 60% of IT companies use Veeam. It's very popular.

Overall, I'd rate the solution six out of ten if I were to compare it to other versions of Veeam products. It's an okay solution. If it had an automatic check for backups, I'd rate it much higher.

More Veeam Backup & Replication reviews from users
...who compared it with Commvault
Learn what your peers think about Veeam Backup & Replication. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.