Veeam Backup & Replication Review

A stable solution that makes it easy to backup and replicate many central sites and remote sites

What is our primary use case?

We use Veeam Backup and Replication for image backups.

What is most valuable?

We use Veeam Explorer for Exchange for single item restores and to restore mailboxes, which is good. With SQL Explorer, you can access SQL, and it's got some good tools that are integrated into the product.

The Veeam physical backups for Windows is good, but I'm not sure about other operating systems. If you have a lot of central sites and remote sites, you can easily set up the replication and make it easier.

What needs improvement?

Veeam Backup and Replication is a very good product, but there's room for improvement. For example, if you have to set up multiple servers, there's a lot of work to configure and set up projects. But once it's set up, it's very easy to manage. I think you have to resize it in the data center, and then it's pretty simple. We can integrate the storage, and you can use data resizing and do a lot more.

The reporting feature can also be improved. Version 10 has come up with a better report, but version 9.4 isn't so good. I mean, it doesn't show whether we can allow customization of reports and more.

I have used Veeam Backup and Replication for one year.

Veeam Backup and Replication is very stable. I haven't faced any problems with it so far.

Their technical support is excellent. Whenever I have contacted Veeam support, they were very good, very helpful, and supportive. Their website is a very good support site as well.

The initial setup is straightforward, and it took us about an hour to deploy.

I'm told that Veeam Backup and Replication is a cost-effective solution, and it's very competitive in terms of pricing. It's cheaper, and it's going to be up ahead of the competitors in terms of pricing by sockets. Compared to other vendors, they're much cheaper, and Veeam is almost everywhere now.

What other advice do I have?

Veeam is very good.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Veeam Backup and Replication an eight.

Veeam 9.4
**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Implementer
More Veeam Backup & Replication reviews from users
...who compared it with Commvault
Learn what your peers think about Veeam Backup & Replication. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.