Veeam Backup & Replication Review

A straightforward solution that comes with good support and can be used as an alternative approach for migrating from on-premise to cloud or for disaster recovery

What is our primary use case?

Our company is an integrator, and we are offering the Veeam solution for our existing clients and some prospective clients. We currently have 10 to 15 clients.

What is most valuable?

It is a straightforward solution. There is no need for a dedicated technical person to do the backup and replication. Veeam is very straightforward when it comes to doing the replication.

What needs improvement?

It needs to support more applications. In terms of supported applications, Oracle SQL and Office 365 are supported, but I am not sure if it supports Linux-based applications. That's why I'm looking for an alternative. I am currently testing Commvault. The advantage of Commvault is that a lot of applications are supported with it.

I am not sure if CIFS is currently supported. It would be nice to have this feature in case it is not already supported.

I have been using this solution for over a year now.

Veeam offers good support. After you get their product, they provide online support. You just need to raise a ticket, and then someone from global support will contact you. I'm okay with Veeam's support.

It is very straightforward. You just need to spin up the virtual machine and enter proxy, and then you can start the backup.

The deployment takes a couple of hours. It takes a maximum of two or three hours to deploy it for an enterprise. It is a really straightforward solution. To deploy it for an enterprise, you need at least two to three resources.

What other advice do I have?

This solution could be used as an alternative approach for migration from on-premise to cloud or for disaster recovery. If you have two data centers and you need to replicate the primary virtual machines to another site, this can be an option.

I would recommend this solution to others. I would rate Veeam Backup & Replication a nine out of ten.

More Veeam Backup & Replication reviews from users
...who compared it with Commvault
Learn what your peers think about Veeam Backup & Replication. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
513,091 professionals have used our research since 2012.