Veeam Backup & Replication Review

Strong backup integrity, high backup and replication performance, and reliable

What is our primary use case?

The solution can be used for backing up data such as virtual machines, data servers, and applications.

How has it helped my organization?

We was concern about ransomware attack and with Veeam now we are protected. Thnaks Veeam

What is most valuable?

I have found one of the most valuable features to be the integrity of the backups. It does a great job at taking backups of physical servers and doing replications. The integration with their storage is done well.

What needs improvement?

I think backing up from physical servers and ransomware security needs some improvements. However, they have improved in the newer release by encrypting the backup server.

In upcoming releases, I do not want the UI to change, this is important for individuals using the solution. If there are many changes then they have to keep learning the UI over and over again making it difficult.

I have been using the solution for approximately five years.

The solution is stable.

In my experience, I have found the solution to be stable. You are able to scale out to repositories well. You can add all servers together as a bundle and use them as a scale-out repository.

The technical support is great. They have comprehensive FAQ information that can be searched for whatever your needs are.

I have used Veritas in the past and it does a better job at backing up servers.

Please, take a look at my Veeam Backup and Replication course

👉Get Full Veeam Backup Course Zero to Hero

The installation is simple, it takes less than 15 minutes.

This solution requires a license and the organizations I was involved in were using an enterprise license.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend using this solution to others.

I rate Veeam Backup Replication a ten out of ten.

Latest version
More Veeam Backup & Replication reviews from users
...who compared it with Commvault
Learn what your peers think about Veeam Backup & Replication. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.