Veeam Backup & Replication Review

Veem gives ease of mind in regards to virtual backup & has given us the opportunity to test the backup.

Valuable Features

The backup and instant recovery features are the most valuable to me.

Improvements to My Organization

It has given me and my customers ease of mind in regards to virtual backup, furthermore it has given us the opportunity to actually test the backup so that we know we can rely on it. With instant recovery you can recover an entire server in minutes. This means you can test if your server can start from backup, in case of a breakdown.

Use of Solution

For about 2 years.

None ever. Only in regards to incorrect licensing, but this has been because of mistakes in regards to number of processors or wrong VMWare license.

Minor issues with the snapshop functions of VMWare leading to failed backups of some virtual servers, but this is easily mended. In general, a lot less than with other backup vendors.

The customer service is very good, most of the time they contact you before you even knew you needed to contact them. They are very aware of their product and they service you in a timely and professional way.

I have yet to find a problem that cannot be solved using the community or just googling, so i rate them as high as the scale goes.

Used symantec backup exec, Nordic Backup, IBM TSM, and switched because of the transition to virtual servers.

Everything is pretty straightforward and easy to install, even in an environment that you aren't that familiar with.

Implementation Team

Vendor team, and their level is adequate.

ROI

I'd say the mere fact that you can test your backups without using numerous hours of own / or consultants time is enough to say there is instant ROI on Veeam B&R. Also the total backup time will probably be way less, like 25-25% faster than the one people are switching away from.

Other Advice

go for it :) you wont regret it.