Veeam Backup & Replication Review

Best product on the market for Backing up and replicating Virtual infrastructure. Perfect with VMware.

What is most valuable?

I use both features Backup and the replication for my 2nd Datacentre - Is my DR Solution.

How has it helped my organization?

Easy to use product, If you have a virtual environment and also are worried about putting in a DR solution - This is an easy product to get to grips with, Plugs into Vcentre and has the same feel as Vcentre. the replication feature is great - Seamless on enterprise version that I use for my DR solutions.

What needs improvement?

Standard version is poor - As you need to power Off/On virtual machines when backing up/Restoring where Enterprise edition you don't - If you have a big estate to manage stay away from Standard.

Over 7 years now - Since ver 6.

No - You can have this up and ready in less than half a day.

Veeam is dependant on Microsoft SQL and VMware or Microsoft Hypervisor so no.

Limitations in VMware is 10000 and Citrix is 6600 VDI's, Veeam is charged at physical CPU so very scalable.

I've not really had to deal with Customer service.

Again not really had to deal with technical support.

Veeam Backup and Replication is in its own world - Nothing out there that is even close to this product that I could recommend.

Very simple to install. If you follow VMware Best practice and install a Vcentre on 1 physical and one Virtual, Same again with Microsoft SQL. Remember if you have a virtual farm failure your need to have it installed in a physical to bring back your virtual platforms - I have seen many of big company's also make this school boy error.

I have implemented many times with an in house team.

I have this installed on a 150k user base - My total spend is 3 Mil Us Dollars.

What other advice do I have?

It's the only solution for an enterprise Virtual environment.

More Veeam Backup & Replication reviews from users