Veeam Backup & Replication Review
Many valuable features. The rest of the field is playing catchup.

Valuable Features

There are so many valuable features but my favourites would have to be Instant Recovery especially when you have very demanding RTO's imposed on you. Virtual lab is also a brilliant feature for spinning up a DR/Test environment for your replicas.

Improvements to My Organization

It's afforded our organisation peace of mind knowing that we have reliable, fast and a cost effective backup solution for our virtual environment which also allows us to provide our developers with both test and pre-prod environments in hours rather than days.

I am currently running secondary backup jobs (B2Bcopy) for our business critical virtual machines which are located at an offsite repository in addition to replication jobs which are located at our disaster recovery site without any issues.

Use of Solution

I have used this product for 5 years or so and will not use any other solution for my virtual environment.

Deploying Veeam was easy and I made sure to take a few minutes to design my solution prior to installing it.

I did not have any issues with stability post installation. I did initially encounter a few errors with my replication testing but these were down to my misconfiguration.

Very good.

I've not had any issues with technical support who are very competent and generally resolve most issues whilst you are on the phone.

I previously used vRanger Pro when it first came out but I found it frustrating.

I had no issues with the initial setup.

Implementation Team

I implemented the solution.

Other Advice

I'd say plan your implementation carefully and work out how many proxy servers you require for your virtual estate and take note of resource requirements.

I would rate Veeam a 5 against the competition but it's no contest in my opinion because the rest of the field is playing catchup.