Veeam Backup & Replication Review

It has allowed us to restore files, emails and entire servers and it scaled well for our organization.

What is most valuable?

Instant recovery of an entire VM, as there are times when I need to do it.

How has it helped my organization?

We no longer use tapes. The restoration of files, email and entire servers have been reduced to mere minutes instead of hours or days, which it was at times.

What needs improvement?

Support for physical servers. Although we are continuing to virtualize all of our servers; there are, at this time, a few physical servers in our organization. They must be backed up as well. Currently, we have to use another vendor to backup these servers.

I’ve been using Veeam Backup and Replication for about two years now.

No issues encountered.

None so far and I don’t expect to have any issues with stability in the future.

For our organization, it has scaled exceptionally well.

They have taken care of our needs, and been there each step of the way for us, so I would rate it as exceptional.

We have not had to place many calls with technical support. You could say this fact says a lot about the stability and ease of deployment. There have been a few times we have called and each time our issue was resolved in a very reasonable time frame. The engineers are very knowledgeable, not only of their product, but also of the platform & hypervisor that we use in our datacenter.

Yes we did. Agents and licensing were getting too cumbersome and performance was not where we felt it should be.

It was straightforward,

We did it in-house.

Lets just say that Veeam B&R met or exceeded what the competition provided.

What other advice do I have?

Do your homework. Run a demo of the software. And for any backup solutions remember the three “P’s”. Plan, Plan and Plan

2 Comments

author avatarAnalyst at Veeam Software

Hello Jeremy,
Can you please elaborate what physical servers you are seeking protection for (i.e. applications and OS)?

Have you tested Veeam Endpoint Backup? A free solution for backing up laptops and desktops, as an addition it could help you to back up the last remaining windows server. I mean, since it’s free – it’s worth testing, right?

author avatarA.J. DiLorenzo
Top 20Real User

Jeremy,

I just wanted to add-on to what Dmitry said regarding Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE. I would highly recommend this product as well as it is very simple to setup and use, and supports Windows Server 2008 or later. It also integrates directly with Veeam Backup & Replication v8 Update 2 or higher so that you can manage your physical endpoint backup repositories, restore points and much more from one central location.