Veeam Backup & Replication Review

I'm able to optimize my clients' recovery procedures in less time with the Instant VM Recovery feature.

Valuable Features

• Capacity to start a VM directly from the backup repository (Instant VM Recovery)
  • The explorer for restoring items (Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, MS-SQL and Oracle (soon)).

Improvements to My Organization

I am a specialist in Veeam, and my clients optimized their recovery procedure, and it now requires less time to restore services. They love how easy it is to operate.

Room for Improvement

• Tape support - more options for retention
  • Backup for physical servers (Microsoft at least)

Use of Solution

I've used it for two and a half years.

No, but is important to read all the requirements for the explorer to avoid problems before finishing the implementation.

No, in fact the stability is great. No halts are present, even when it has low memory.

No issues have been encountered so far.

In Latin America (my area) it could be better.

Great service. I only use the web support and it is accurate.

We previously used HP Data Protector. It was very complex to work with, and susceptible to fails, so we switched.

It is very easy to configure, and start up.

Implementation Team

We are a vendor.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It offers a good cost-benefits balance.

Other Solutions Considered

We are partners of HP and Symantec, but we prefer to offer Veeam to our virtual environment customers.

Other Advice

Watch the demos online, watch the YouTube channel, and use the trial version to learn about the product. It is the way to get to know the product.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We're a vendor of Veeam products, among others.
1 visitor found this review helpful
1 Comment
Chris ChilderhoseReal UserTOP REVIEWERELITE SQUAD

Great review. Have you tried the Endpoint Backup software for your physical boxes? It works very well since they will never go this route with the main software as they focus on virtual.

04 May 16