Veeam Backup & Replication Review

I'm able to optimize my clients' recovery procedures in less time with the Instant VM Recovery feature.

What is most valuable?

• Capacity to start a VM directly from the backup repository (Instant VM Recovery)
  • The explorer for restoring items (Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, MS-SQL and Oracle (soon)).

How has it helped my organization?

I am a specialist in Veeam, and my clients optimized their recovery procedure, and it now requires less time to restore services. They love how easy it is to operate.

What needs improvement?

• Tape support - more options for retention
  • Backup for physical servers (Microsoft at least)

I've used it for two and a half years.

No, but is important to read all the requirements for the explorer to avoid problems before finishing the implementation.

No, in fact the stability is great. No halts are present, even when it has low memory.

No issues have been encountered so far.

In Latin America (my area) it could be better.

Great service. I only use the web support and it is accurate.

We previously used HP Data Protector. It was very complex to work with, and susceptible to fails, so we switched.

It is very easy to configure, and start up.

We are a vendor.

It offers a good cost-benefits balance.

We are partners of HP and Symantec, but we prefer to offer Veeam to our virtual environment customers.

What other advice do I have?

Watch the demos online, watch the YouTube channel, and use the trial version to learn about the product. It is the way to get to know the product.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We're a vendor of Veeam products, among others.