Veeam Backup & Replication Review

Off-​site replication was good and gave us a reliable backup, but direct SAN-to-SAN replication needs improvement.

What is most valuable?

Off-site replication was good.

How has it helped my organization?

We were struggling with having software that would give us reliable backup and when we implemented the Veeam solution, it solved the problem for us.

What needs improvement?

Direct SAN to SAN replication – it didn’t integrate well with the 3PAR SAN that we had.

I've used it for about four years.

No issues – easy deployment.

No issues with stability.

No issues – it scaled to our needs.

Never had to use them – that’s a good sign.

Never had to use them – that’s a good sign.

We were using Comvault for part of our backups and when Comvault allowed their SAN snapshotting we switched it all over.

We looked at a couple but it was cheaper to just go with Comvault across the board and pay one fee.

What other advice do I have?

Do a live demo or trial – make sure it’s a good fit for what you need.

2 Comments

author avatar
Senior Consultant (Veeam Software)

This isn't a really informed post. Veeam doesn't have SAN to SAN replication. In V8 of the product they do integrate with HP 3PAR for Direct SAN backups. You can then setup a replication job to another site or veeam server.

author avatar

Generally all San to San back ups will experience problems with all vendors. Make you life easier move to Exablox NAS solutions.