Veeam Backup & Replication Review

It allows us to recover email and items from the Exchange and Active directories, although scheduling backups could be improved.

What is most valuable?

Recovering single emails from Exchange and single items from Active Directory.

What needs improvement?

A different kind of scheduling. We would like to do backup twice a day.

I've used it for one year.

Once we had an upgrade issue, but the excellent support from Veeam solved it fast.

No issues encountered.

No issues encountered.

5/5

5/5

We used MS Data Protection Center, but MS changed the deployment model. DPM became part of a bigger solution which did not fit our needs.

We are working with two backup servers. It took a little time to figure out how to take a backup of the backup.

We did it in-house.

No other options evaluated.

2 Comments

author avatarChris Childerhose
ExpertTop 5Real User

Scheduling twice a day would be a good option. As a workaround you could create a second job which is a copy of the first to get around this until such time a new scheduling engine is created. That is if they go that route.

author avatarSr. Director, Global Internet Marketing at Veeam Software

afaik, you can schedule the job to run it as often as you need. you can read more here http://helpcenter.veeam.com/backup/80/hyperv/job_schedule.html