Veeam Backup & Replication Review

​After we started using it, we transferred all our 30 virtual servers in seven hours. They should support physical server backups, though I believe v9 will do this.

Valuable Features:

• The ability to perform de-duplication is the most valuable feature for me.
  • It also performs SQL backups so that I can restore SQL database table bases.
  • Replication time very good. For example, I can replicate 4TB data to the DR side in 5 hours with a 10 Mbps data line everyday.
  • Replica server tests on the DR side are very easy because I just need to power on the server on from there.

Improvements to My Organization:

After we started using Veeam, we transferred all our 30 virtual servers in seven hours to our disaster recovery side.

Also, during our disaster recovery test w,e did not have any issues replicating servers.

Room for Improvement:

It should support physical servers, and as far as I know, v9 will do this.

Deployment Issues:

We had no issues deploying it.

Stability Issues:

It's been very stable.

Scalability Issues:

We can scale as needed.

Initial Setup:

I wasn't involved in the initial setup, but I haven't heard that it wasn't anything by straightforward.

Other Advice:

I would advise you to get it because some of the features are free.

1 Comment
Chris ChilderhoseReal UserTOP REVIEWERELITE SQUAD

Veeam is a great product as we use it and I am looking forward to V9 for the enhancements. I don't think natively it will back up physical servers and you still need the Endpoint product for this but can use a Veeam server repository.

18 December 15