Veeam Backup & Replication Review

Allows us to restore from disk, tape or from our NetApp appliance snapshots.

Valuable Features:

The ability to restore both the VMs and single files is very flexible in Veeam 9. We can restore from disk, tape or from our NetApp appliance snapshots. It has a myriad of effective ways to backup and recover.

Improvements to My Organization:

By allowing us to restore from our NetApp appliance directly, we have realized a tremendous time and resource savings in our virtual environment.

Room for Improvement:

The only real issues that I’ve had have been navigating the user interface particularly with restores. I feel that more attention could be paid attention to the restore interface. It’s just not as intuitive or fluid as it could be.

Deployment Issues:

We have had no issues with the deployment.

Stability Issues:

There have been no performance issues.

Scalability Issues:

It's been able to scale for our needs.

Other Advice:

I would definitely recommend Veeam 9 for its quick and effective backups to disk, tape and even the cloud. Having said that, the restores have been reliable once completed.

1 Comment
Chris ChilderhoseReal UserTOP REVIEWERELITE SQUAD

Looking forward to the Nimble integration myself to be able to do what you do with NetApp for snapshot restores, etc. Should improve backups and overall efficiency.

31 May 16